GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
GIS ADMINISTRATOR, Special Project Manager - ITS Department
Bridgeport, CT, USA
The City of Bridgeport, CT is now accepting submissions for the position for;
Special Project Manager - ITS Department
Salary: Starting at $75,429.00 per year. This position includes a comprehensive benefits package. This summary provides a brief overview of the benefits available to regular full-time municipal employees; depending on the employee group some of these benefits may include: retirement pension administered by CMERS (Connecticut Municipal Employees Retirement System), health insurance (medical, dental, vision, prescription), life, disability, paid leave, paid holidays, 457(A) deferred compensation plan (employee paid), and other voluntary employee paid benefits. This is a unionized position.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, supplied application and three (3) professional references (name & contact only) to COB.Jobs@BridgeportCT.gov.
Accepting complete submissions until Tuesday, January 18th
(Any/all changes to this deadline shall be at the discretion of the City of Bridgeport).
The City of Bridgeport is located in Fairfield County at the mouth of the Pequonnock River on Long Island Sound. It is boarded by the towns of Trumbull to the north, Fairfield to the west, and Stratford to the east; with an approximate population of 147,000, 50,367 households, and a population density of 9,226 residents per square mile. The City has a Mayor-City Council form of government. The City’s Mayor is the chief executive officer of the City and serves four-year term(s). The City Council, which acts as the City’s legislative body, consists of twenty (20) members elected for two-year terms.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs technical work in the design, development, and maintenance of the Bridgeport Enterprise GIS (BEGIS) and integrations into 3rd party applications, conducts exploratory spatial analysis, provides training on GIS interfaces and workflows for non-GIS staff, develops high quality cartographic visualizations, and assists the ITS Department with related tasks as required. This position will interface and work closely with other City departments, such as Information Technology Services, Office of Planning and Economic Development, Police Department, Fire Department, Health Department, Engineering, and Public Facilities.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervision provided by the Director of ITS; and/or department authority or designee.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: GIS Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions or duties described below are the primary functions and duties of the position. There may be other types of work that may be performed, and the omission of a particular duty or function does not exclude that duty or function from the position provided the duty or function is similar in work, related to the work or logically assigned to the position.
• Design and manage the development and maintenance of the Bridgeport Enterprise GIS (BEGIS), which includes but is not limited to, property lines, address points, sanitary sewer, storm water, street centerline, and neighborhood assets.
• Perform research of City, state and other record sources for information to revise and update BEGIS which includes but is not limited to, interpreting engineering plans, surveys, plat maps, and legal descriptions.
• Ensures the BEGIS GIS layers are current and in compliance with GIS mapping standards.
• This person will proactively search for new and different data sources to integrate into BEGIS.
• Develop and revise custom geoprocessing tools via Python and modify existing webapps and/or ESRI’s out of the box webapps and storymaps.
• Provide technical support for geospatial data requests/queries as well as database SQL queries and analysis.
In addition, they will ensure the integrity, quality, and accuracy of the data to conform to BEGIS data standards. Perform exploratory analysis on spatial and tabular data, including generating charts, maps, and interactive visualizations for reports and presentations. conduct GPS data collection/coordination with field staff. Work with other ITS team members to coordinate and perform GIS infrastructure development and maintenance tasks as needed. Work with ITS team members to support existing GIS integrations and associated automated processes. Upgrade software as required and manage daily operational environment. Provide support for ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or related discipline.
• *A Master’s degree in Geography, Computer Science, Planning or related field may substitute for one (1)
year of work experience.
• A minimum of four (4) years of practical GIS experience using the ESRI GIS product suite in the development and maintenance of enterprise GIS databases & ArcGIS Enterprise, which one (1) year must include project management experience or equivalent of training and experience. Minimum two (2) years of managing ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS online.
Minimum one (1) year of experience in python scripting, experience with ArcPy package preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of GIS systems, technologies and applications, including ESRI product line and tool sets, databases, and programming languages.
• Extensive knowledge of ArcGIS software processes and enterprise geodatabase creation, editing, and maintenance.
• Extensive knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise and administration.
• Able to analyze and diagnose problems as well as research and interpret codes, regulations, standards, plans
and specs, legal descriptions, and various government documents.
• Proficiency in cartography and map design, including coordinate systems, projections, and map scales.
• Understanding of web applications UI and UX, general knowledge in enterprise GIS platform support
including general GIS Server and application administration.
• Ability to work independently at the highest level of all technical phases of system analysis.
• General experience supporting an enterprise geodatabase. This includes troubleshooting geodatabase issues
as well as experience making data modeling schema modifications.
• General knowledge and working experience using SQL and creating python scripts to perform geoprocessing
• Ability to interact with end users to help define and/or refine business requirements based on functional
designs for GIS applications.
• Ability to interact with end users to help guide end user training and testing activities.
• Ability to interact with technical developers to provide technical analysis and testing.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear and concise memos, reports and documentation.
• Strong organizational skills and project management skills.
• Experience working in a municipal environment is a plus.
• Experience with CRM, document management, permitting and CAD enterprise systems is plus; such as
EnerGov, Tyler Content Management, and Nexgen.
• Attendance at work related meetings, activities and/or events, outside of normal business hours, will be required as needed.
The conditions below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
• Needs to be able to operate equipment and machinery with some requiring rapid adjustments such as a computer keyboard and terminal, photocopier, and calculator.
• Must be able to coordinate eyes, hands, feet and limbs in performing skilled movements such as rapid keyboard use.
• Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. Frequent downward flexion of neck, side-to-side turning of the neck, fine finger dexterity and grasp to manipulate the keyboard, telephone, writing instruments, papers, books, manuals, and reports.
• Work may involve occasional outdoor fieldwork.
• Additional hours and attending meetings outside regular work hours may be required.
Work environment is professional and both team and autonomy oriented. This position is impacted by urgent time deadlines due to various reporting and filing requirements. There is some repetitiveness in program coding, a need for extreme accuracy, and paying attention to detail. Additionally, there is a need to be able to shift attention before tasks are completed to be able to balance user demands, telephone and other interruptions.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities, qualifications, physical, and cognitive which comprise this position. The above is intended to be a fair representation of the “typical” demands of the position.
This position will require a pre-employment medical examination and drug testing.
An Equal Opportunity Employer MF/AA/DIS
For further information and contact: CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION 45 LYON TERRACE BRIDGEPORT, CT 06604 TELEPHONE: 203-576-7103
Apply online here or via email to COB.Jobs@bridgeportct.gov