GISjobs.com It All Starts Here
Auburn, IN, USA
City of Auburn, IN
INFORMATION SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Information Services department is seeking a hard-working, self-motivated individual to join our team as a full time GIS Administrator. The individual filling this position is responsible for all aspects of the City of Auburn Geographic Information System (GIS), including all technical, policy, process, budgeting, awareness, and communication. The candidate will serve as the City’s liaison to all City Departments, and the County-City GIS (CoCiGIS) Consortium, providing strong technical and policy leadership to this group.
ESSENTIAL JOBS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads in developing and implementing procedures to collect, store, maintain, retrieve, analyze, and utilize data pertinent to the City and its departments.
• Oversees, coordinates and drives the City’s Enterprise GIS System, including:
o GIS database design, coordination, implementation and administration;
o Develops, implements and monitors training and support of City’s GIS data;
o Provides database design and implementation for various GIS related management information;
o Supports the collection of field data for input into GIS system;
o Administers the City’s Enterprise GIS platforms, including the entire suite of ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise and ESRI Online technologies and services;
o Assists with data capture and conversion projects;
o Coordinates these GIS activities with the City’s GIS professionals, its users, and the CoCiGiS member communities.
• Becomes a knowledge expert in our products and services.
• Supports Customer Service Representatives in sales activities.
• Identifies new markets and customer opportunities and establish effective marketing and communications strategies for those opportunities.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers via email, phone and in-person.
• Manages the sales lifecycle – generate leads, prepare quotes, process orders, schedule installations, follow-up with customer after install, review billing for accuracy.
• Collaborate with engineering and field services to ensure proposals are accurate and meet the customer’s needs.
• Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
• Participates in marketing related activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
• Working knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS products and services is preferred with a strong understanding of global positioning systems (GPS) data gathering and equipment. Comprehensive understanding of City of Auburn Civil and Utility operations is beneficial.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or a minimum of five years related experience is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and legal documents.
• Ability to comprehend and apply principles of calculus, modern algebra, analytical geometry and advanced statistical theory.
• Ability to develop project plans and programs designed to improve or expand current services.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Windows.
• Vacation, holidays, personal days, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and City-paid PERF annuity and retirement.
• Starting Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
Interested candidates may apply through the City website www.ci.auburn.in.us/careers, resumes and applications can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to/dropped off at 210 E. Ninth St., Auburn, IN 46706.
Application Deadline: OPEN
EOE / Drug Free Workplace / E-Verify
Apply online here or via email to KFAtarama@ci.auburn.in.us
City of Auburn
Po Box 506, 210 E Ninth St.
Auburn, IN, 46706 USA
Posted 2021-11-22 under Information Technology